Copyright © 2014-2015, Rutgers Accounting Research Center. All Rights Reserved.
Rutgers Accounting Research Center/Continuous Auditing Lab (RARC/CARLab), 1 Washington Park, Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: 973-353-5172 | Fax: 973-353-1283 | Email: 33WCARS@gmail.com
Mass Transit & Taxi Info
Arriving Via Train
Broad Street Station
· If you're traveling along New Jersey Transit's Montclair-Boonton or Morris and Essex line, exit the train at the Broad Street Station stop.
· Walk downstairs to the ground level and locate Broad Street. (You may notice two main streets traveling alongside each other; the bigger one is Broad Street.)
· With your back to the elevated train tracks, look South down Broad Street and locate the tall brown building in the distance with the Rutgers Business School sign on the roof. This is 1 Washington Park.
· Start walking South on Broad Street crossing Lackawanna Avenue first and Orange Street second. (Along this path you'll notice trolley tracks running parallel to the sidewalk. Another helpful landmark is the Newark Bears baseball stadium across Broad Street on your left.)
· Keep walking South on Broad Street and along the side of 1 Washington Park until you reach the Rutgers Business School entrance under the scrolling stock ticker.
· Total walking time is 5 to 8 minutes.
Newark Penn Station
· If you're traveling along New Jersey Transit's Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, or Raritan Valley Line, or if you're traveling on the PATH train, exit the train at the Newark Penn Station stop.
· Walk downstairs and follow the signs to the Newark City Subway, also known as the Newark Light Rail, the entrance of which is next to McDonalds.
· If you don't already have a ticket (or monthly pass), purchase a ticket from one of the blue and orange kiosks in the corridor. The station stop you'll be riding to is Atlantic Street Station. You must validate this ticket prior to boarding the train using one of the timestamp machines a little further down the corridor.
· When you approach the platform entrances, walk down the stairs to Platform 2 (trains traveling to Broad Street Station).
· Board the next train on Platform 2 and exit the train at Atlantic Street Station.
· Turn left out of the train and walk to Bridge Street.
· Turn left onto Bridge Street, heading West towards Broad Street.
· Cross over Broad Street (and the trolley tracks) and then over Washington Street and you will see Rutgers Business School (1 Washington Park) in front of you. The main entrance has a silver awning underneath the scrolling stock ticker.
Airport Taxi & Car Services
Mass Transit Providers
· NJ Transit - Train Service to multiple destinations in New Jersey including Newark Airport
· PATH Trains Services to and from New York City from Newark Penn Station
· Newark Light Rail Service to and from Newark Penn Station via Washington St. and Broad St.
· Amtrak Interstate rail service
Local Taxi & Car Services
· Classic Cab | Phone: 973-484-9494 **15% Surcharge for credit cards
· Green Cab | Phone: 973-643-5826 ** Cash Only
Visit Uber.com or download the Uber mobile app (available on iPhone and Android) to request a car service and get quotes. With Uber, you have the choice of requesting a car service to match your lifestyle and budget. Uber provides service anywhere in the New Jersey/New York Metro area.
Car services available include: uberX, Taxi, Black Car, SUV, and Luxury.
Uber features: One tap to ride, Clear Pricing, Reliable Pickups with estimated wait time, Cashless, Fare Splitting